1. New England – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
Patriots will use this pick because no team wants to give up a 1st for the top 2nd round pick.
2. San Francisco trades with Buffalo – Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Chan Gailey still believes in Fitzpatrick and everyone knows the Bengals love Dalton so 49ers will move up to grab a pure west coast guy.
3. Cincinnati – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Bengals miss out on Dalton so they’ll grab the best pure passer in this draft.
4. Denver – Jarvis Jenkins, DT
Broncos didn’t take Dareus so they still need to plug holes on their new 4-3. Jenkins is a hot name at the top of the 2nd.
5. Cleveland – Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
McCoy has to wait for his weapon as Bowers is good value here if they can get 4 years out of him.
6. Arizona – Jabaal Sheard, LB, Pitt
Cardinals need more pass rushers and Sheard had a phenomenal career .
7. Tennessee – Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
Titans got their quarterback and a running game, so they’ll work on defense where they still haven’t replaced Haynesworth.
8. Dallas – Aaron Williams, CB/S, Texas
Cowboys need both a CB and S so Williams will get a shot at both.
9. Washington – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
The Redskins simply have nothing at WR so Torrey Smith fits here.
10. Houston – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Texans got a 3-4 defensive end and could go NT in Paea or an elite pass rusher in Ayers.
11. Minnesota – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
The Vikings will lose the Williams wall for 4 games, so Paea will be a good replacement for a few weeks and has some time to groom.
12. Oakland (from Detroit) Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Colin Kaepernick is highly rated by the Raiders and Buffalo will take him next (if they don’t at 33) so the Raiders will make a move to get a hold of their quarterback.
13. Buffalo (from San Francisco) – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Buffalo has targeted a TE in a couple different drafts, this is the best one they’ve taken.
14. Denver – Branden Harris, CB, Miami
Champ wants to move to safety so they can groom Harris at CB for a year and then make the change next year.
15. St. Louis – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
St. Louis gets a speedy receiver for Bradford to target downfield.
16. Detroit (from Oakland) – Mikel LeShore, RB, Illinois
The Lions could reach a bit for Dowling, but LeShore is a bigger need here, plus they’ll grab a pick later.
17. Washington – Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
The Redskins find good value here and a local guy in Williams. He’ll fit in Shanahan’s scheme.
18. San Diego – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
The Chargers have been fooling with Vincent Jackson and need to be sure they have an options if they really do drive him away.
19. Tampa Bay – Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
Tampa will be cutting Talib so they need another physical corner here.
20. New York Giants – Rodney Hudson, G/C, Florida State
The Giants improve their interior line with a monster.
21. Indianapolis – Ben Ijalana, G/T, Villanova
Colts continue to protect their investment in Peyton with a RT or Guard prospect
22. Philadelphia – Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
The Eagles secondary is a weakness and Moore is the top safety in this draft.
23. Chicago (from Kansas City) – Titus Young, WR, Boise State
Bears do get to move up here for a WR knowing the Patriots and Ravens are lurking and looking for a WR
24. New England – Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
Patriots are looking for a stretch the field type of WR and Gates’ name is on the rise.
25. San Diego (from Seattle) – Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
Chargers need to get an inside linebacker that is sure to be under contract next season. Jump Ravens who are still looking for Ray Lewis’ replacement.
26. Baltimore – Chris Carter, DE/OLB, Fresno State
The Ravens couldn’t find a pass rusher at the bottom of the 1st, so they’ll snag one in the 2nd
27. Cleveland – Greg Little, WR, UNC
The run on receivers finds Cleveland in the middle. They’ll target a big guy like Little to give McCoy a good option.
28. New England – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
The Patriots will look for a new five technique player. Bailey fits the bill.
29. Seattle (from San Diego) – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Seattle needs help in their secondary with some questionable corners.
30. Kansas City (from Chicago) – Orlando Franklin, G/T, Miami
Chiefs will address some weaknesses on their offensive line and get more physical on the run.
31. Pittsburgh – Mason Foster, LB, Washington
Pittsburgh continues to bolster their linebacker corp without good value on the board for offensive linemen.
32. Green Bay- Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
The Packers will groom Moch to pair next to Mathews. He’ll have a good mentor and that could be a scary combination down the road.